In April of 1997 eleven veterans, Dow, Robert (19 July 1931 - 09 July 2012) Boyko, George (15 Nov 1940 29 July 2006) Furzer, Jack (26 Mar 1931 20 Oct 2010) Lafleur, Paul LeBlanc, Fred Mollon, Sidney (23 Sept 1919 20 Feb 2008) Perry, John Richard, Ron Simard, Louie (10 May 1929 03 Nov 2009) Storey, Boyd Terry, Robert of United Nations Peacekeeping Missions in the Fredericton and Oromocto NB area formed and registered The Blue Helmets Inc.
The organization is one of three registered UN "Veteran Peacekeepers Association" in
Canada. Membership is available to all "Veterans of United Nations
Peacekeeping Missions" both active and retired.
The aim of the organization is as follows:
- a) to constitute an association for individuals,
- 1. who served with United Nations Forces,
- 2. who supported, by virtue of their employment, United Nations Forces, and,
- 3. for individual's partners.
- b) to bring about the unity of all who have so served,
- c) to serve as a social focus and a means of mutual assistance for its members,
- d) to perpetuate the memory and deeds of fallen comrades who lost their lives in defence of Freedom and Peace,
- e) to keep the spirit and camaraderie alive of those as listed in a) 1 & 2 above,
- f) to liaise with other organizations whose purposes and objects are wholly or in part the same as or similar,
- g) to pass on to their families and descendants the traditions for which they stand,
- h) to engage only in activities which will be to the credit and benefit of Canadian communities and which will encourage and promote the positive reputation of those as listed in a) 1 & 2 above,
- I) to be non political and non-sectarian.
We are registered with Revenue Canada as a charitable organizations.
Members of The Blue Helmets are from various parts of the country
The home of The Blue Helmets is the Military Museum at CFB Gagetown, Oromocto, NB, where our Colours are on display with United Nations artifacts from various Peacekeeping Missions.
Membership Fee: $25.00 onetime fee no yearly dues to worry about, membership will include a copy of Constitution & By-Laws, Membership Card, Lapel Pin and a Blazer Crest". You may join by downloading the membership application by clicking "here"
For additional information you may contact Fred LeBlanc at the following
or at his postal address;
In the Service of Peace and, for our Veterans
Fred LeBlanc, President
17 DeWitt Acres Fredericton, NB E3A 6S3 Phone: 1-506-472-3215